Sunday, February 01, 2009

"Plan B" Emerges for Tom's February 7th Benefit Concert

What a month it has been! In mid-January I was struck down by a very tenacious virus that left me with no voice at all. Despite maintaining silence, drinking plenty of fluids, and taking every available remedy, by Monday of this week it became clear that my voice would not recover in time to do any singing on February 7th.

There seemed to be no option but to cancel the concert, write off the several hundred dollars paid for the venue, and literally "suffer in silence." However, when word of my plight got out, a number of my generous and talented musical friends came through to save the day! The concert on February 7th will now be showcasing my songs, as interpreted by a variety of performers from the Ottawa area. It's too early to give you the lineup, but you can be sure it will be a fun evening, and if you are familiar with my music, I think you'll find it intriguing to hear how other artists bring the songs to life in their own way.

I invite and encourage you to come and hear a bunch of great folks do my music on February 7th!

Yours hoarsely,

Tom Lips

www.tomlips.ca