Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tom in Concert February 7th, NAC 4th Stage



It has been far too long since I presented a whole evening of my music with a live band. Well, dear Matrons and Patrons of the Arts, grab your pencils and circle Saturday February 7th! I'm excited to confirm that I will be monopolizing the 4th Stage of the National Arts Centre (53 Elgin Street, Ottawa) on that evening, backed up by an incredibly gifted combo consisting of James Stephens (fiddle, guitar, bass), Danny Artuso (acoustic, electric and pedal steel guitars), and Alex Vlamis (piano, accordion). All three will pitch in on vocals as required. Those of you who were fortunate enough to hear this trio at the launch of my CD "Practical Man" a few years back will appreciate how delighted I am to have them on board once again.

Tickets are available from the NAC Box office for $18.00 or through Ticketmaster (an additional charge applies). Net proceeds of this concert will benefit Achillea Endeavours (a registered charity) in its support of Riverglen Biodynamic Farm.

Doors will open at 7:30 on Saturday, February 7th; the concert begins at 8:00 p.m. Hope to see you there!